Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dear Abby

Imagine my utter disgust when I came across THIS in the newspaper first thing this a.m.:

Dear Abby: My stepdaughter cleaned our house when my wife - her mother - was ill. I appreciated her efforts, until I noticed she had put the toilet brush in the dishwasher with the dishes. I quietly removed it.

Am I overreacting because I no longer want to eat at her house? Most of our family gatherings are at her house.

- Turned Off in Texas

Dear Turned Off: I wouldn't have been subtle about removing the toilet brush from the dishwasher. What a gross lapse of judgment. I wouldn't want to eat at her house either, and I'd let my spouse know why.

Is it just MY OCD that's makin' me feverishly ill over this, or do U feel the same way?

5 comments:

biker baby said...

GROSS!!! The only brushes that go in my dish washer are the vegetable brush, BBQ brush, and my basting brush.

Unknown said...

MDJ:

YIKES !!

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Mr. Charleston said...

I wonder if his wife became ill after eating at the daughter's house. Or, most likely, Dear Abby (which is now written by her daughter) just makes shit up because it makes good copy.

Willy D said...

I’m not familiar with that term – toilet brush? What’s that?

I can understand brushing your armpits, but a toilet? Unless you’ve got one of those shag rug toilet seat covers left over from your disco days.

Cali said...

I'm a little late to the party here, but allow me to say: EEEWWWWW!!!

The gross out factor aside, the dishwasher's hot water and drying functions would probably kill the germs on that disgusting thing and wouldn't make anyone sick, as long as they didn't know about it. After all, the dishwasher gets filled with bacteria laden items all the time.